Thursday, October 21, 2010

Typography Project outline




I've decided to do a kinetic typography piece for this assignment. Since I'm still dealing with the dynamic of a child versus adult perspective I decided to use a selection of ten words for both voices as a sort of mini conversation. The words are as follows:
Child- tiny, play, create, fuzzy, smell, huge, sleep, always, real, hope
Adult- trivial, panic, conflict, flustering, sickening, hollow, schedule, ag
gression, reality, hope

I want it to have the words appear after one another as if they are having a visual conversation. The child would say the first word (and the motion of the word would be uplifting and happy but visually describing the action) and the first letter would only remain to spell out (and act out) the adult's response. I want the words as they get to start to
move faster with the Adult's words really taking up almost the entire screen and kind of towering over the Child's words until the word "hope" appears and the Adult's word "reality" backs off and then the Adult's hope font overtakes the Child's. I know the words don't exactly flow like a real con
versation would but I was wanting it to be things that children encounter or experience and what the assumed "adult" behavior toward that actin would be. I
drew some inspiration from these videos:
http://vimeo.com/6382511 this one was just beautiful for its many "fonts"
http://vimeo.com/3600380 this is the one I looked at closer for more of what I intend to do on this project, obviously not as long but I do enjoy how the actions follow the words


This (in the older post right below) is from the old Chuck Jones cartoon the Dot and the Line. I felt inspired by this despite its lack of text because it still uses symbols that have such expressive characters without faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment