Monday, August 30, 2010

C. Solo Play


For this part we had to find ready made objects and play with them until like a child would to see what we could create. I decided to follow Jill's advice and go to the Overstock Outlet store and snoop around there. What I came back with was a box full of little sewing packs. I have always loved sewing related items since I was a kid and still like sewing today. I also love the craft aesthetic that comes with anything sewn. I started taking out the packs of thread from the packs and along with the needles pieced them together to form some sort of circular object. I decided to see what visually it could be turned into. Some of the ideas turned it into a parachute on the back of a stock car, a pin hat, and a jellyfish. I realized that I like it when some household object is combined with others in a certain way to create something else visually; it completely changes the use and meaning of the original object. It becomes an illusion which is the ultimate goal of any artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment