Monday, August 30, 2010

E. Response

Overall I found these exercises to be kind of enjoyable or learning experiences even if they weren't text book related. It made me realize how much I actually subconsciously desire my childhood or at least a lot of the experiences from it to continue on into my adult life. In many ways I wish the two weren't so separate. I understand the importance of responsibility, being mature, etc but does it mean that I can't have fun like I used to? Some of the ways I have fun as an adult are different (coming along with being a responsible adult) but every once in awhile I like to do things that may seem like such a childish activity but I feel I need to connect to that part of me still. It's the part of me that makes me curious and want to figure things out without being scared of possibly failing or being judged. It makes me forget about time limits and everything being so final. It lets me get second chances and sometimes even thirds. It motivates me in ways that staring at a screen and being told what to so all day can't. It reminds me that if I mess up I just do it again until I learn how to do it and that in many ways I'll keep learning. It always gave me something to keep looking forward to and to realize that now that I'm an "adult" that my life isn't over and I haven't even begun to experience joy that can be found. Having processed all of this I don't know how close I am to a research topic but I do know that I enjoy everyday objects being utilized in endless ways and looking at things from a child's perspective or at least the adventure of trying to return to a way a kid sees things.

No comments:

Post a Comment