Thursday, September 9, 2010

Project 3 articulating a character

For this assignment we had to design a character to use in class to introduce parenting, expression and null techniques in After Effects. I was (and still am) having problems designing a character that would keep in line with my theme about rediscovering childhood from an adult standpoint. I finally decided to go for a paper doll baby-doll aesthetic. I realize now that it doesn't have any sort of textures applied but just flat color. On top of it not looking connected to my theme, it really doesn't have enough of a meaning behind it that isn't short of stretch in relation to my overall concept. This weekend I need to do more brainstorming and come up or improve upon this character design. Also for project 3 we are going to have these characters doing some sort of task in a animation so thinking or certain tasks will probably help in the overall design department at the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment