Thursday, September 16, 2010

Project 4 version 2

We critiqued our project 4 videos in class. I decided to redo my little creepy doll girl trapped in a video game. I reworked the entire After Effects file from the beginning and it was much more successful this time around. I was finally able to nest the composition in a manner that would actually help the video making process and able to successfully loop cycle her walking that again made nesting easier. I don't know what I was thinking that other night but I guess it was just trial and error and that night was definitely an error. At least I feel I have a better understanding of the rules After Effects follows and how fast things can get tricky; and what to consider beforehand so I don't make it harder for myself. I tried to make my character interact with the environment more. Originally, as she was walking along, she just kicked a ball off to the side and continued walking past these row of jacks. I changed it to where now she kicks the ball, which rolls and stops at the jacks. Then she walks up to the ball, jumps on it and uses its bounce to propel herself over the deadly jacks and onto a raised book like a higher ledge. It makes it much more interactive within its own environment and shows more of the goal reaching and laws that govern video games.

No comments:

Post a Comment