Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Final Project Ideas

1. I still want to see if I can try to make a project about a girl with rainbow stars for feet who is looking for a blue moon boy. I love the idea and I think aesthetically it would be interesting to be set like a play unfolding. I would want them to look like puppets with hinges or strings of some sort moving along this moving set piece. I would want a city to literally grow up and move around her. She would see the boy in the distance but loose track of him. At first she notices some sort of particle /fairy dust floating in the "city" that glows like she does, which she follows and sees a blue boy who also glows. She sees him follow the fairy dust further but he doesn't look back to see her. She follows the glow dust to a clearing where the boy is standing and they both notice that they glow together. I know it sounds like a lame story about a girl just chasing after some guy but I'd want it to be told from her side but imply that while she was searching, he was as well and that it lead them to each other. I envision many particle and glow effects along with character pegging and using layered compositions to move the scenery. Also I'd want to employ many drop shadows and the use of limited 3-D space to allow for the viewer to "see" how the set was "made".

2. I would want to continue with my trailer trash Disney princesses. I would like to try to make a single video focusing on just Snow White or try to tell a story about Snow moving in with Cinderella and the possible shenanigans they get into. With this idea I could also try to come up with other story-lines like a hoarding Little Mermaid, an alcoholic Bell, or drugged out Alice. Those ideas are obviously a little more cliche and need some more thought but still possibilities that could use further development. I could always tell the story from just Snow White like I had in my original story back in project 5 but just cut out all of the scenes with Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty and use the same ideas.

3. I was thinking about continuing the little creepy video game doll I made at the beginning but now with a greater understanding of compositions, pegging, effects etc. I could continue to make the whole level or add more story content to feel like a hybrid of video game symbols but more story driven. I realize now that I was just trying to do too much with little knowledge and that it should look less like watching a video game as opposed to being emerged in one. I would try to tell the whole "level" with some sort of final confrontation/ boss at the end. I think I would keep a similar style but obviously expand upon it and make it more detailed and creepier with effects and more layered backgrounds. I foresee making some backgrounds with preset animating in them and then blurring them out and bringing them in as compositions to make them look off in the distance with a clear background and foreground.

No comments:

Post a Comment